San Antonio, TX is located in a region known as “Flash Flood Alley,” one of the most frequently flooded areas in North America. Flash floods happen after heavy rain and are dangerous for people and property. Homeowners living in this region must take steps to prepare for these sudden and deadly events.
How Can San Antonio Residents Prepare For Flash Floods?
Flash floods occur with little notice, but there are steps homeowners can take to prepare to protect their family, pets, and property in the event of a flash flood.
- Have a flood preparedness kit ready to go at all times. This bag should include basic supplies that you may need in the event of a quick evacuation. Consider special needs like baby formula, pet food, and medicine.
- Prepare an evacuation plan for your entire family, including pets. Make sure everyone knows what to do if a flash flood warning is issued.
- Make copies of important documents. Send them to a relative in another region or store them digitally.
- Consider investing in flood-mitigation measures for your home, such as elevating your foundation and sealing basements.
- Place sandbags around your home to keep water out when you expect flooding.
- Invest in flood insurance from a reliable agency, such as AlphaSure Affordable Insurance Services, to protect your investment should the worst happen.
Do San Antonio Residents Need Flood Insurance?
Different states and counties have different laws regarding flood insurance. Additionally, mortgage lenders may require homeowners to carry flood insurance. Even if you’re not required to carry flood insurance, protecting your investment is still important.
Give Us A Call
Reach out to AlphaSure Affordable Insurance Services today and speak with an agent serving the greater San Antonio, TX community. Our agents understand your local coverage options and are ready to help you make the best choice to protect your family’s future.